Donate to the National Coalition for the Homeless
Your contribution will make a significant difference in helping us to educate the public and policy makers to direct your hard-earned tax dollars to prevent homelessness, and assist those becoming homeless in your community to rapidly move out of shelters back into housing with the supportive services they need to stabilize within the community.
Text NCH to 85944 and reply YES to make a $10 donation!*
A great way to become involved is to tell us why you support the work of the National Coalition for the Homeless.
More Ways to Support NCH:
1. Donate your unused HHonors points!
HHonors is an awards program sponsored by the Hilton family of hotels. Part of the program allows members to redeem their earned “points” for hotel stays, other travel, or through their “Giving Back” program, to their partner organizations. Please donate your unused HHonors Points to NCH (click here for more information).
2. Search for NCH at Goodsearch.com
Goodsearch will donate one cent for every online search to NCH. Just go to www.GoodSearch.com and enter in the National Coalition for the Homeless as the charity you GoodSearch for!
3. Join NCH on the Social Web
We post updates and news stories daily to keep you informed. Follow, Like, Report and ReTweet - YOU can help spread awareness and make positive change!
4. Include NCH in your will!
We all want to leave a legacy for our children and future generations. Be sure that your children and children’s children will not have to face homelessness by including a bequest to NCH in your will! Talk to your financial planner or lawyer, or call NCH with any questions!
5. Donate an item on our wishlist!
6. Donate stock shares!
Talk to you financial planner or stock broker about donating a few shares of your stock to NCH. You can reap extra tax benefits, and it is the gift that has potential to keep giving! Call NCH for more information, or see http://www.donateguide.com/donatestock.html for a description of how to donate stock.
7. Read a Good Book!
All of the below reads offer insight into the experience of homelessness:
- Jay S. Levy is giving 25% of the proceeds to NCH and other homeless service agencies from sales of his three books:Pretreatment Guide for Homeless Outreach & Housing First (published September 2013), Homeless Narratives & Pretreatment Pathways: From words to Housing (published September 2010), and Homeless Outreach & Housing First: Lessons Learned (published November 2011).
- The Greatest Christmas Ever This is a story relevant to the world today, the forgotten meaning of Christmas and the realities of the stress that the holiday brings – especially with the angst and pain experienced by many in today’s hard economic times. Inspired by the author's experience with homelessness, "The Greatest Christmas Ever" can be downloaded for free, or for a suggested donation of $20 to the National Coalition for the Homeless.
- Soul of a Woman This tale, told through the eyes of a child, traces the journey of an American woman, dispossessed and struggling for survival through decades of poverty and homelessness. (A percentage of sales is given by the author to NCH)
- Why Are You Surprised I'm Still Here? Featuring the Sign Collection of Billy Kaufman, this is an exploration of American homelessness through words and images. (A percentage of sales is given by the publisher to NCH)
- Street Corner Majesty Poems by David Harris, NCH Speaker
- A Bum Deal: An Unlikely Journey From Hopeless to Humanitarian by Rufus Hannah, NCH Speaker and Barry Soper
- Shelter: One Man's Journey From Homelessness to Hope by Bobby Burns
- Homeless Isn't Hopeless by William Laney
- Drawing Strength by Scott Nychay