Our sincerest thanks to our new and renewd members, our staff, volunteers and all of our members who got involved to help spread the work about membership. Together, we made this campaign a true success - NCH has doubled its current membership! . Homelessness is a national problem with local solutions and NCH is a national organization with active members throughout the country do their part to prevent, reduce and end homelessness.
What is Membership Matters?
This campaign will allow NCH to help Americans better understand homelessness as a national problem with local solutions. During the campaign we’ll introduce effective, meaningful, and reasonable ways that you can make a lasting difference in the life of a family or individual who is either un-housed or at-risk of homelessness. (Read why Membership Matters to our current members)
You can still become a member! (click the category to join, or download the form):
- Homeless Members: NCH aims to accurately represent the wants and needs of our clientele population. By increasing the number of currently or formerly homeless members, NCH will gain valuable additional insight as to how we can better accomplish our mission. (no charge for membership)
- Student Members: Students and young people are the future. By involving people in NCH from a young age, we can hope to have educated and involved future generations. ($10)
- Individual Members: The continued and expanding support we gain from our membership in critical to the success of the work NCH does. ($50)
- Organizational Members: Through the campaign NCH aims to expand not only the number of member organizations but also to increase the diversity of locations of our member organizations. ($100-500)
Over the past year we have realized many of our goals:
- We have increased our presence in the social media world in a effort to better distribute information to our membership and to the general population. Our Facebook and Twitter accounts have become valuable tools of communication, education, and organization.
- NCH co-sponsored the annual Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week to help mobilize supporters to educate others about homeless issues
- Our on going research and publications include issues regarding homelessness such as the continued passage of legislation which criminalizes homeless activities, such as panhandling and sleeping in parks, and the debate regarding public food sharing.
This year we have even more exciting goals. We need you support to:
- Expand the AmeriCorp VISTA program to include 88 volunteers in an increased number of states and organizations nationwide (including an expansion into the Gulf Coast region).
- Revitalize our focus on ending homelessness among military veterans.
- Research and publish information regarding the epidemic of homelessness among LGBT youth so that this population of opportunity youth can reach their full potential.
By renewing your membership to NCH you will be contributing to the movement to end homelessness nationwide. Membership Matters because NCH would be unable to continue our work without the support of our members. The support of our members is critical to our success and we endlessly grateful to have such a loyal and dedicated base of members.
Thank you for all of your support of the National Coalition for the Homeless!
Stay tuned to our social media sources, including Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and the Bring America Home blog, for more information on how your Membership Matters here at the National Coalition for the Homeless. Thank you for your continuing support.